Mas Domnik 2016 Road Parade Winners Announced
(Roseau, Dominica – February 12, 2016) Discover Dominica Authority, the Dominica Festivals Committee, and Carnival Road Parade Committee are pleased to announce the prize winners of the various road parade categories for Carnival 2016.
OPENING PARADE • Best Float – National Cooperative Credit Union 2nd Place – National Bank of Dominica 3rd Place – Starrin & Sons
- Flag Wavers – National Bank of Dominica 2nd Place – Colihaut
CARNIVAL MONDAY – J’OUVERT • Lapo Kabwit with the largest following at 4:00am – Police Lapo Kabwit Band • Best Individual Male & Female – Grim and the Sorcerer (Clinton and Shereen) • Best Sensay – Alysa and Kayla Letang • Best J’ouvert Group – Friendship Crew
Longest Lapo Kabwit – Newtown Lapo Kabwit • Largest Old Mas Group – Delices Erika Gorge Survivors • Best J’ouvert Costumed Group – Scare Crows • Lapo with the Most Lavway – Police Lapo Kabwit • Best Pappy Show Wedding – Tru Poul • Best Theatrical Group – My Dominica Trade House • Best Creative Individual – Andy Carter • Special Award – Glow Band
CARNIVAL MONDAY – OLD MAS PARADE • Best Old Mas Band – Karnival Korner 2nd Place – Thunderbirds 3rd Place – Afrikulture Stilt Walkers
- Best Old Mas Band: (Children) Castle Bruce Primary Special Award – Black Devils of San Sauveur for their regular attendance and continued participation in the Opening and Carnival Monday Parades.
CARNIVAL MONDAY PARADE -SCHOOLS • School Band of Year: Primary Schools – Convent Prep 2nd Place – San Sauveur Primary 3rd Place – Castle Bruce Primary
- Children’s King of the Band – San Sauveur Primary • Children’s Queen of the Band – San Sauveur Primary • School Band of Year: Secondary Schools – Isaiah Thomas Secondary School • Children’s Float of the Year – St. Mary’s Primary 2nd Place – Convent Prep 3rd Place – San Sauveur Primary
Special Awards for Floats: Schools – Dominica State College & Pioneer Prep
CARNIVAL TUESDAY PARADE • Band of the Year – Afrikulture Stilt Walkers: Tempest Island Alive 2nd Place – Thunderbirds: Junkanoo 3rd Place – Karnival Korner: Mas Kaleidoscope 2016
- Adult King of the Band – Karnival Korner: Mas Kaleidoscope 2016
- Adult Queen of the Band – Afrikulture Stilt Walkers: Tempest Island Alive
Special Award: Largest Costume Band – Hysteria: Origins
The Dominica Festivals Committee, Carnival Development Committee, and the Road Parade Committee wish to thank all judges and all who participated in the costume parades making Mas Domnik 2016 one of the most spectacular and colourful carnivals in recent times.